For Multi-User Licensing: Please contact David Fienup via the “Contact” link on this website.
Total Audio Files: 410
Total Sound Clips: 1748
Run Time: ~02h:03m:41s
Size: 1.78 GB unzipped
Fidelity: 48k, 24bit
Channels: mixed stereo and mono
- Glass, Plastic and Aluminum Containers - Full and Empty
- Kitchen Sounds
- Bathroom Sounds
- Office Sounds
- Footsteps - Air Duct, Wet Concrete, Snow, Wood Stairs, Creaky Carpet, Water
- Misc Foley - Umbrella Movement, Toweling Off, Mouth Sounds, Drinking Sounds
- Doors and Garages
- Car Sounds
- Candy Wrappers
- Metal - Chains, Squeaks, Scrapes, Impacts, Handcuffs
- Wood Creaks
- Lighters and Matches
- Paper - Maps, Newspapers, Money, Bags, Books
- Leather - Purses, Creaking
Foley Plus is a massive collection of sounds taken from sound designer David Fienup’s personal sound library and Pro Tools sessions. The sounds were precisely edited, mastered, and arranged. Finally, each file was infused with rich metadata descriptions and tags, so they can be easily found using any kind of search engine, whether it be Finder, SoundMiner, or any search engine within your preferred editing software.
The sounds: Foley sounds, of course, are practical sounds, or “everyday sounds” that are used in film, video, and games such as clothing movement, footsteps, dishes, chairs, doors, etc, etc, etc.
This collection covers a wide array of sounds from shaking a spray paint can to the rattling of a zipper. In between, there are tons of clothing sounds like leather jackets, purses, armor, and fireman gear. There are also a bunch of new footsteps like creaky stairs, inside a metal air duct, soft creaking carpet, wet concrete, and very creaky wood. There are scraping sounds, screeching sounds, objects being dragged, catching fruit, cigarette embers, tons of paper sounds, animal nails running, chairs, chains, bottle and can sounds, plastics, a variety of lighters, people drinking beer, wine and liquor, nail clippers, mouth pops, mouth sucking in olives, telephone sounds, toilets plunging, … gasp… yeah, there’s a ton in here… Hell, there’s even umbrella movement and rattling sounds to add in to a rain scene!
Foley in the Field: Many practical sounds cannot be recorded in the average home studio or small Foley space. Many of the sounds in this library are just those – sounds that had to be recorded in the field. Some of these sounds include car seatbelts, glove box, windows, keys in ignition, sunroof, doors, and simply getting in and out of a car. Others include various doors such as garage and household doors, hospital curtains, hitting a tennis ball, frying pan sizzles, distant vacuum, etc.
All of these sounds were recorded for a few reasons.
1. While I have many similar sounds in some stock and general libraries, I find many of the recordings old and outdated. So I make great new recordings.
2. When a library contains a sound I need, there are often only 1 or 2 iterations. But, most of my projects need more than one candy wrapper crinkling sound, or more than one metal squeaking sound. So, I record a whole bunch of each thing I need so that I have plenty of variety to get me through several projects.
3. There are gaping holes in large, general libraries. This collection will fill in a lot of those holes. That’s why they were recorded, and that’s why I’m sharing them with the world. Will it fill in all the holes? No. There are an infinite number of ways and reasons any one single object could or would create sound. But the key to building a good sound library is covering as much as possible.
4. I just love recording sound. Period.
Check out the track list for more details.
This collection provides some new and interesting sounds, as well as a ton of variations so your soundtrack never gets old! All Soundopolis tracks include metadata tags so they are easy to find using any search engine. All tracks are delivered as 48k/24bit .wav files. Collections come in easily downloadable zip files.